Collegiate Membership (MCFPS) by Assessment
The MCFP(S) is the professional benchmark for recognition as Senior Family Physicians. It may be attained via one of 2 routes. Family physicians with GDFM must undergo the MCFP(S) by assessment, while those with MMed(FM) may be elected by interview.
Collegiate Membership of the College / MCFP(S) by Assessment
Aims and Objectives:
In line with international standards of awarding professional membership by objective assessments and validation, the MCFP(s) by Assessment Programme was introduced.
The applicant must fulfil the following entry requirements:
- Be an Ordinary or Associate Member of the College of Family Physicians Singapore for at least 2 years,
- Has held a registrable or acceptable qualification for not less than 3 years,
- Has been engaged in family practice for not less than 3 years, and is currently in family practice for the past 1 year,
- Has spent at least 3 months in primary ambulatory care within the last 3 years,
- Be in professional good standing (with a letter of good standing signed off by someone with MCFP(S) or above).
- Possess MRCGP(UK) AND GDFM
- Possess MMed (Internal Medicine) or MRCP(UK) AND GDFM
Candidates will need to submit the following for assessment:
1. A log of 40 cases in the SOAP format showcasing the spectrum of Family Medicine comprising acute and chronic cases as well as preventive medicine.
- There must be at least 5 Obstetrics and Gynaecology cases, 5 Paediatric cases, and 5 Geriatric cases submitted.
- There must be at least one case presenting with a psychological condition.
- Each case must not exceed one page in length. Font Arial, font size 11.
2. Video consultations of 3 Adult Medicine cases and 3 Paediatric cases.
- Written Consent must be obtained from the patients prior to the video
- For the adult video, at least one case must be a chronic medical condition.
- For the paediatric case, at least one case must be that of a developmental assessment.
- All 6 video cases must be of different conditions. Any repeat medical conditions submitted will not be accepted for the assessment.
- A write-up of each of the 6 video cases must be provided.
- The format of the video consultations should be in MP4.
Candidates will be assessed through:
- One hour viva voce on the log of 40 cases
- One hour viva voce on the 3 adult video consultations
- One hour viva voce on the 3 paediatric video consultations
It is advised that candidates have a broad knowledge of Family Medicine, as questions asked during the viva voce may not be confined specifically to the cases submitted.
In order to satisfy the conditions for award of the Collegiate Membership of the College of Family Physicians Singapore [MCFP(S)], the candidate must pass all the following:
- Viva voce of the log of 40 cases
- Viva voce of the 3 adult video consultations
- Viva voce of the 3 paediatric video consultations
The fee for MCFP(S) by Assessment is S$5,145.18 (inclusive of 7% GST).
Upon successfully passing the Assessment, the candidate will need to pay S$1,335.67 [S$ 374.50 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Entrance fee and $961.17 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Initiation fee].
For enquiries on the next Assessment, please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.